1. Clean, shampoo and/or condition hair, without any styling, hairspray or additional hair products.
2. Gather hair at the nape of the neck.
3. Create a ponytail with an elastic band. Make sure the band is tight around the hair to keep the hair together after cutting. If it comes out of the band, it won’t be included in the donation. A second hair band can be placed around the middle of the ponytail to keep the hair together.
4. Ensure that the elastic band is just below where you want to cut your hair.
5. Measure the length of the ponytail from the elastic band to the tips,
making sure it’s at least 8 inches long. Donations shorter than 8 inches will not be used, because this is too short for making a wig. If your hair is not 8 inches, continue growing it out. There is no maximum length requirement.
6. Cut the hair just above the elastic band so that the elastic band remains on the ponytail after cutting and keeps cut hair together. Do not wash or style the ponytail in any way after it has been cut off.
7. Place the ponytail, kept intact with the elastic band, in a zipper-lock bag and seal tightly. Please ensure that the ponytail is completely dry before sending.
8. Place the plastic bag with the ponytail in a padded or plastic envelope and
Pantene Beautiful Lengths
Attn: 192-123 20770
Strongsville, OH 44149
9. If you would like to know when your donation is received, please include your full name and return address with your hair donation. Please ensure that the ponytail is completely dry before sending.