When you donate your hair, you are giving a precious gift to a woman in need. We want to make sure not a single gift is wasted, so please be sure your hair meets these requirements before you make the cut. If it doesn’t, we won’t be able to turn your beautiful gift into a wig.
- use a conditioner after every wash to help keep hair moisturized and protected against damage
- use a spray, leave-in conditioner for extra protection when using heated hair appliances
- look for new technology in your drying and styling tools to help minimize damage
- avoid excessive teasing of hair, as it can uplift cuticles, making them fragile and susceptible to breakage
- use deep-conditioning treatments once a week, or as often as needed, to help minimize split ends and keep hair in top condition
- use a brush on wet hair when you step out of the shower; once hair is washed and conditioned, use a comb with smooth, wide-set teeth to gently detangle hair, working from tip to root
- attempt to blow-dry soaking wet hair immediately; to expedite your blow-out process and help prevent thermal damage, towel-wrap your hair for 10-15 minutes and remove excess water before using a blow-dryer
- overbrush hair; despite the common myth that 100 strokes a day are good for hair, this can
lead to breakage. Regular, gentle brushing promotes hair health and natural oil distribution
Here’s why bleached, permanently coloured or gray hair is restricted:
It takes at least 8-15 ponytails to make a Pantene Beautiful Lengths wig, and each one comes from a different person with a different shade of hair. For a realistic-looking wig that has consistent colour, all these ponytails must be processed and then dyed the same shade. It is critical for each ponytail to absorb dyes at the same rate in order to create a wig that is one, natural-looking colour.
Gray hair, and some chemically treated or permanently coloured hair, does not absorb dye at the same rate as other types of hair. It is much harder to colour and, once coloured, fades more quickly.
Speak to a Pantene representative toll-free at 1-800-945-7768. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time.