Thank you for giving to Pantene Beautiful Lengths in such a beautiful way. Soon, you’ll be part of the largest national movement to create free, real-hair wigs for women with cancer. Bravo! Our campaign is the first in the country to encourage women and men to grow, cut and donate their healthy hair to make wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments.
Hair provided by generous volunteers like you will be used to craft beautiful, high-quality wigs by our partner, HairUWear®. Then it will go to a woman affected by hair loss from cancer.
How to make the cut
Here’s everything you need to know about making the cut. First, make sure your hair meets our Donation Requirements. Second, make sure you follow these instructions exactly, so you can be sure your hair is used to create a realistic wig to bring real hope to a woman with cancer.
- Clean, shampoo and/or condition hair, without any styling, hairspray or additional hair products.
- Gather hair at the nape of the neck.
- Create a ponytail with an elastic band. Make sure the band is tight around the hair to keep the hair together after cutting. If it comes out of the band, it won’t be included in the donation. A second hair band can be placed around the middle of the ponytail to keep the hair together.
- Ensure that the elastic band is just below where you want to cut your hair.
- Measure the length of the ponytail from the elastic band to the tips, making sure it’s at least 8 inches long. Donations shorter than 8 inches will not be used, because this is too short for making a wig. If your hair is not 8 inches, continue growing it out. There is no maximum length requirement.
- Cut the hair just above the elastic band so that the elastic band remains on the ponytail after cutting and keeps cut hair together. Do not wash or style the ponytail in any way after it has been cut off.
- Place the ponytail, kept intact with the elastic band, in a zipper-lock bag and seal tightly. Please ensure that the ponytail is completely dry before sending.
- Place the plastic bag with the ponytail in a padded or plastic envelope and send to:
Pantene Beautiful Lengths
C/O Archway Marketing Services
P.O. BOX 434
2110 Kipling Ave.
Etobicoke Station B, Ontario
If you would like written acknowledgement of your ponytail donation, please remember to include your full name and return address with your hair donation.
Thanks again for your generous donation and for participating in Pantene Beautiful Lengths.