Have you ever wondered what goes into the making of Pantene? Pantene is famous for a number of milestones in its long and illustrious history and has a long track record of extensive scientific expertise and research.
Here are just a few fun facts about what it took to develop Pantene and Hair Structure Science:
- Over 20,000 consumers around the globe.
- 500 lab tests using more than 26 methods to verify technical performance.
- 15 stylists.
- 17 PhDs.
Did You Know That?
- Pantene Hair Tonic, created in 1945, featured the world’s first vitamin hair tonic based on panthenol, which had been found to remarkably improve hair strength, elasticity and health (see references below).
- In the 1990s, Pantene created the first flexible hairspray with Elastesse—a breakthrough in polymer science. The Elastesse-containing flexible hairspray gave an improved feel to long-lasting hold.
- In 2000, Pantene offered regimen collections created specifically to attain an end look, e.g. “smooth and sleek.”
- In 2008, Pantene scientists discovered a way to restore vibrancy to color treated hair with the patented liquid crystal technology found in Pantene Pro-V Expressions Shampoo.